Meistervik is a firm foam Ikea mattress that features a fiberglass cover. This mattress comes in a box and with a 25-year limited warranty.
With its tight-top design, it should provide a larger sleeping surface and be good for couples (which it usually doesn't). There is no motion transference to you or your partner, and you should not be woken (whether heavy sleepers or not).
Some shoppers report that the mattress is quite firm, not as comfortable as advertised. Cleaning it can be a challenge because it's difficult to remove the cover.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Below average weight for a mattress (indicates low quality materials)
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
User 1: "The zipper for the cover does not have the “zipper puller”? I am unable to take off the cover and wash it. I just took out the mattress in its plastic cover and it has minor stain on it too."
User 2: "i hate this mattress you feel like you sleeping in the cement"
User 3: "Too firm for me. It was like sleeping on the floor. Body was so sore in the morning"
The ikea meistervik is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The ikea meistervik is inadequate for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Expect acceptable support for delicate pain points (specifically your low back, neck, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The ikea meistervik is fantastic for back and stomach sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on reasonable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight extremely well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The ikea meistervik has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fiberglass which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 30 lbs (queen size).
The ikea meistervik height is 5".
• Middle-of-the-road edge support because of its memory foam construction.
• Loom and Leaf is a remarkably good alternative if you want sublime edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on impressive motion transference because it has a memory foam construction.
You and your partner won't experience a single bit of motion transference, and plainly won't rouse you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days from delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 25-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the ikea meistervik queen size is 179.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
they offer following shipping options:
- parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
- doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
- in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Ikea Meistervik worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.