- Sertraline may help with sleep, but it's likely not a lasting fix.
- Buying a premium, comfortable mattress has the greatest chance to improve your sleep, health & overall happiness.
- Our favorite mattress is Saatva. They're an extremely comfortable, luxury American brand with superior build quality at a reasonable price.
Sertraline is a antidepressant that's sometimes prescriped as a sleep aid.
It helps treat: depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic attacks, posttraumatic stress disorder. Sertraline as a potential short or long-term solution for your sleep issues may not be ideal for your situation. Sort of like a band-aid when you need stitches. The surface-level relief may relieve your sleep issues, but it won't address them to the extent and degree of a new mattress.
Changing your sleeping environment is a better option.
A worn-out mattress is often to blame for trouble falling and staying asleep. Having the right mattress cannot be overstated.
If Sertraline is prescribed for your health, pairing it with a genuine, high-quality mattress improves your chances of getting a good night's sleep.
Who makes the highest-quality mattress? We think Saatva comes close.
Saatva Mattress is our #1 Mattress Brand of 2022 because:
- Built to last 10-15 years.
- Friendly, no-hassle 15-year warranty.
- Handcrafted and built in America across 19 factories.
- Delivered directly to your bedroom (not a bed-in-a-box).
- Hotel-quality (think Hiltons or Marriotts) without spending $5k.
- Offers multiple mattress types (coil hybrid, memory foam, latex, etc.)
- Genuinely premium materials (high-density foams, thick steel-gauge coils, and all-natural/organic latex, depending on the mattress you consider).
Buying the most suitable mattress is much more affordable (not only in strict monetary terms) vs. developing Sertraline dependent sleeping habits (and experimenting with other sleep aids that may have negative long-term effects).
Avoid sleeping pills as best you can. Allow your body's natural processes to self-regulate on a high-quality mattress. Then decide if sleep medication is necessary.
It's challenging to give a sweeping recommendation about whether Sertraline will improve your sleep.
We can, however, state for certain that reimagining your sleep environment is a critical first step.
If you want to take prescription sleep medication, you must discuss it with your doctor first. Then you can decide what is safe and healthy for you.
You should know drugs such as Sertraline could have addictive properties and serious side effects.
Several reactions are noted in manufacturer guidelines, including:
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- dry mouth
- loss of appetite
- weight changes
- excessive tiredness
- uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
- sexual problems in males; decreased sex drive, inability to get or keep an erection, or delayed or absent ejaculation
- sexual problems in females; decreased sex drive, or delayed orgasm or unable to have an orgasm
- excessive sweating
Adults take 25mg - 50mg of Sertraline to sleep.
Be sure to read your Sertraline prescription and confirm with your doctor.
You need a more nuanced assessment of your personal (and unique) health circumstances.
Sertraline users report positive, neutral, and even negative sleep side effects.
We encourage you to read consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical reviews of Sertraline. Present any online reviews you find to your doctor for his feedback so you can make an informed decision.
Every medication and drug has a specific overdose threshold that could lead to harmful (or even fatal) effects. These effects range from mild to fatal. Sertraline is no exception.
Be sure to follow the directions on the prescription bottle and double-check your dosage with your doctor. Talk to your doctor about when to contact them about side effects.
If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor or Poison Control center. Alert your local emergency services if someone collapses or stops breathing after taking Sertraline.
Alternative names for DRUG include:
Drug interactivity depends on your unique medical history. Talk to your doctor about any Sertraline interactions.
Sertraline is normally taken 15-60 minutes before bedtime for sleep.
Timing varies depending on your personal situation & doctor prescription dosing guidelines.
Your doctor's prescription determines your dosage.
The right dose for you depends on your medical history. Discuss short and long term side effects of Sertraline before you consider (or start) your prescription.
Is it worth it to take a drug that has negative side effects? Specifically, a comfortable mattress could make a gigantic difference.
Occasional Sertraline use for sleep is a recommendation only your doctor can legitimately make.
Don’t build up Sertraline as a quick-fix or assume that your body will react to it positively. Whether or not a drug is an opioid, you do not want to develop a dependency on it for sleep. Sertraline is no exception.
You have two options.
(1) Increase your dose or (2) find a better, longer-term solution (that also has amazing short-term benefits).
The Sertraline may become so familiar to your body that it loses its usefulness for sleep. It is usually (certainly not always) better to invest in a mattress that fits your ideal sleep needs than to take drugs.
In most cases, you're better off upgrading your existing old mattress to a luxury one as opposed to taking a sleep aid.
In comparison to prescription drugs like Sertraline for sleep, a new mattress is likely a less expensive, healthier, and more sustainable alternative (and it's really not even close).
Doctors can prescribe Sertraline as a potential sleep aid.
Possibly. Many prescription drugs have addictive qualities that, if left unchecked, can lead to mild-to-serious psychological dependence.
For more information on the potential addiction risks of Sertraline , consult your doctor.