Winkbed Plus is an innerspring mattress that features gel foam top layer. This mattress comes in a pillow-top and euro-top design and is available in multiple firmness levels.
They have overall good reviews and are accomodating for side, back and stomach sleepers.
Not the best option for you if you're a hot sleeper or if you prefer the contouring feel of memory foam.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- Heavy mattress (difficult to move and transport)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "I bought a bed a year ago I weigh 170 pounds and the bed started to sag. They claim to have lifetime warranty, which is a lie. They told me certain pics to send and I did. Showing the bed is defected. Yet they won't replace it and are giving me a hard time DONT GET FOOLED, bad customer service and liars will never buy again."
User 2: "I just received a Wink mattress this week. Because of the way that it is shrink wrapped in plastic for shipping, the corners came damaged (all four corners are bulging out because the foam is angled out). I have exchanged multiple emails with Wink requesting a replacement mattress, and so far they have refused. I feel very mislead by the stated return policy on their website, and I will continue fighting this. Be aware that they shrink wrap the mattress for shipping, potentially causing damage, and are unwilling to honor their return policy. Wish I could give them negative stars."
The winkbed plus has several firmnesses to pick from depending on which model you select.
If you're a side sleeper, pick any firmness except firm and very firm. Isn't firm enough to create support and contouring issues (for most people).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The winkbed plus is ample for side sleepers.
Make sure to pick their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Bank on bearable support for fragile pressure points (specifically your shoulders, hips, neck, low back). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The winkbed plus is works well for stomach and back sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on ample support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The winkbed plus has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top and pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: TENCEL® which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 135 lbs (queen size).
The winkbed plus height is 13.5".
• Suitable edge support because of its pocket coil style.
• Saatva Classic is a phenomenal alternative if you want awesome edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on suitable motion transference as a result of the pocket coil style.
You or your partner may possibly experience a fair amount of motion transference, but likely won't awake you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Winkbeds return policy:
• they offer 120 nights trial perod, if you are not satisfied with the mattress, they will claim full refund.
• they offer 120 nights trial perod, you can exchange one mattress during trial period.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• there is no warranty information available.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the winkbed plus queen size is 1799.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the top of their site.
• you can contact them by sending them an email. Email option is available at the bottom of their page.
You can buy Winkbeds at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Winkbedss shipping and delivery process:
• no shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Winkbed Plus worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.