Therapedic Backsense is an innerspring gel foam mattress that comes in a tight-top and pillow-top style with multiple firmness levels.
Relatively comfortable for couples due to its good edge support. Features a fire-resistant cover and hourglass back support.
Customers complain about sagging and overall quality. Skip this mattress, there are better options available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Much better value-oriented alternatives.
- Ambiguous longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "Did not like the feel of the Therapedic mattress. I am used to an innerspring mattress so you might like it more than I did."
The therapedic backsense has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The therapedic backsense is acceptable for side sleeping.
Ensure to select their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Anticipate sufficient support for delicate pressure spots (specifically your neck, low back, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The therapedic backsense is solid for back and stomach sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on reasonable support for spinal and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight reasonably well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The therapedic backsense has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top and pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fire-resistant fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The therapedic backsense height is 11-16".
• Pretty good edge support because of its pocket coil design.
• Saatva Classic is a staggering alternative if you want first-rate edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate pretty good motion transference due to its pocket coil design.
You and your partner could perhaps detect a smidge of motion transference, but in all likelihood won't rouse you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts between sides of the bed. Get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns at night.
A deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• no return policy information available.
• no exchange policy information available.
• has a 15-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the therapedic backsense queen size is $799.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• no livechat.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• their email address is listed at the bottom of their site.
• Currently, Therapedic Backsense is available to buy on their site, in their physical stores and by several retailers, including The Mattress Factory Inc.
Keep in mind the following info about Therapedics shipping and delivery process:
• they ship on business days, excluding the U.S. holidays.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Therapedic Backsense worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.