Tempur-Pedic Cloud Allura is a plush soft foam 13.5-inch pillow-top mattress that comes in a box.
Great for side sleeping. Good balance of cushioned firmness (for spinal alignment) and contouring support (for your neck, shoulders, back and hips). Build quality is decent (even if it's extremely expensive and not value-oriented).
Stay away if you're a back or stomach sleeper (too soft - which is bad for spinal alignment). Far better alternatives are available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Average edge support
User 1: "I couldn't wait to get my Cloud Tempur-Pedic bed. I bought all of it, frame, mattress, box spring, everything but the pillows. When I wake, my back is killing me. After I get out of bed, my back still hurts and my neck starts to hurt, burning pain, but overall stiffness that stays with me all day. I take Advil all day long, not sure how much that helps. I weigh 113 lbs, am a 53-yr-old female, 5'2" tall and NEVER had this kind of problem from sleeping on any other bed. I work out 4-6 times a week, Pilates and dance, and now I find it very difficult to do either. I am very active, just moved into a new apartment and hanging pic, climbing step ladders, etc., all the things I am used to doing.
User 2: "My husband and I spent $5,000 on a King size Tempur-Pedic Cloud a year ago. We have read the complaints about the smell, the adverse effect the mattress has on the body, and the sinus/allergy problems that occur after a few months with the bed. We couldn't agree MORE!! The worst $5,000 ever spent. Would jump into a class action lawsuit in a heartbeat."
The tempurpedic cloud allura comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The tempurpedic cloud allura is brilliant for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The tempurpedic cloud allura is not ideal for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight badly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The tempurpedic cloud allura has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: bamboo which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 101 lbs (queen size).
The tempurpedic cloud allura height is 13.5".
• Bearable edge support because of its foam support.
• Loom and Leaf is a shockingly good alternative if you want magnificant edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on terrific motion transference as a consequence of the foam support.
You or your partner won't detect any motion transference, and unequivocally won't awake you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• they offer a 90-night trial period.
• to initiate a return, you must keep the mattress for at least 30 nights.
• you will get a full refund minus $175 shipping costs.
• you must keep the mattress for a minimum of 30-night prior to requesting an exchange.
• you will pay $175 for the return shipping.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the tempurpedic cloud allura queen size is $unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
• Currently, Tempurpedic Cloud Allura is available to buy on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Tempurpedics shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free standard shipping via UPS to the contiguous US. Shipping takes 5-7 business days.
• shipping to a P.O. Box is not available.
• a charge of $25 per order applies for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and other US territories.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Tempur Pedic Cloud Allura worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.