Sultan Heberg is a plush-soft mattress from Ikea with a pocketed coild base layer and a tight-top style.
They're a good option for a flat, even sleep surface and convenient for side sleepers due to their softness.
They have no return policy and limited customer service availability. Stay away if you're a back or stomach sleeper (too soft - which is bad for spinal alignment). You can find a much better deal elsewhere.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- No info about height (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "A sprung mattress that was the cheapest, of the low end, of Ikea’s range of mattresses. The mattress is too soft when used with a bed base from Ikea. The bonell springs may add to the comfort of the mattress, although despite this, the mattress is too soft. Being so soft it is uncomfortable to sleep on and I found it was too soft to sleep on regularly. Inexpensive and matches Ikea's bed basses. The Saltan Heberg matress from Ikea is too soft."
The sultan heberg comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The sultan heberg is brilliant for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The sultan heberg is not ideal for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight badly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sultan heberg has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: there is no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sultan heberg height is unknown height.
• Decent edge support because of its coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an astounding alternative if you want fabulous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on decent movement transfer because it has a coil base.
You or your partner may well perceive a little bit of movement transfer, but odds-on it won't startle you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days from delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• there is no warranty information available.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sultan heberg queen size is 149.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
they offer following shipping options:
- parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
- doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
- in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sultan Heberg Review worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.