The Sultan Fonnes is Ikea’s firm 4.7-inch mattress with a tight-top design and comes in a box. This is a discontinued model.
Good for back and stomach sleepers that have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health). Even sleep surface due to its tight-top design.
Not great for side sleepers (too firm to properly accommodate your sensitive pressure points). Far better alternatives available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- No motion transfer
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The sultan fonnesikea is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The sultan fonnesikea is unfavorable for side sleepers.
Ensure to pick their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate tolerable support for fragile pain spots (specifically your low back, shoulders, hips, neck). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The sultan fonnesikea is amazing for stomach and back sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on passable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight shockingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sultan fonnesikea has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sultan fonnesikea height is 4.7".
• Fairly good edge support because of its memory foam base.
• Loom and Leaf is a sensationally good alternative if you want stupendous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate marvelous motion transfer due to its memory foam base.
You or your partner won't feel any motion transfer, and absolutely won't unsettle you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts between sides of the bed. Get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns at night.
A deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days of delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sultan fonnesikea queen size is $unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
• Currently, Sultan Fonnesikea is available to buy on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
•they offer following shipping options:
• parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
• doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
• in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sultan Fonnes Mattress Ikea worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.