Sultan Finnvik mattress is a firm, 7-inch foam tight-top mattress from Ikea that comes in a box. This Ikea product is a discontinued.
Suitable for those who enjoy the comfort of memory foam (good for pressure relief and motion reduction). Flat, even sleep surface due to its tight-top design.
Extremely short (7-inch height which indicates low quality materials). Avoid if you want a long lasting and durable mattress.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- No motion transfer
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The sultan finnvik mattress is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The sultan finnvik mattress is unfavorable for side sleepers.
Ensure to pick their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate tolerable support for fragile pain spots (specifically your low back, shoulders, hips, neck). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The sultan finnvik mattress is amazing for stomach and back sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on passable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight shockingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sultan finnvik mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: there is no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sultan finnvik mattress height is 7".
• Bearable edge support because of its foam support.
• Loom and Leaf is a shockingly good alternative if you want magnificant edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on terrific motion transference as a consequence of the foam support.
You or your partner won't detect any motion transference, and unequivocally won't awake you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 25-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sultan finnvik mattress queen size is unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• discontinued product.
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
• they offer following shipping options:
• parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
• doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
• in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sultan Finnvik Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.