The St Regis mattress is a hotel-style pillow-top hybrid that's overpriced and attempts to mimic the 'feel' of St. Regis's boutique-hotel mattresses.
Beautifully crafted and well built. Aesthetically very pleasing.
Avoid at all costs! Far better options both in this price range and even lower. Also little-to-no information about construction or specs on their site (which is always a red flag). Unforgiving policies too (no return policy and only 10-year warranty).
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
• User 1: "The customer service here at St Regis has been cordial. Bit they do not seem to take feedback too kindly. I called the Butler phone line this morning to give feedback on the awful bed mattress we had to suffer a whole night, if you are used to a firm mattress with good back care, you cannot stay at the St Regis Singapore. You will be better off sleeping on the lounge bed next to the bed!
The mattress is too soft, dips in the middle as you lie down, and the pillows are very heavy to hug as you sleep.
I have stayed many hotels all over the world and have not done reviews on all, only on the memorable ones and the awful ones.
The bed sleep quality at St Regis possibly ranks the lowest in sleeping comfort level together with Mandarin Oriental Singapore, if you cannot take on a very soft bed.
My husband woke up with neck strain and backache and I slept very little last night.
If you read the previous reviews, no one quite mention the bed gave them excellent sleep or that the bed is comfortable and good to sleep in!
Room 1614 is no different.
If you are like us, needing a firm bed mattress and back care, this hotel is not for you. Sleeping well during your stay is so so important!"
The st regis mattress comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The st regis mattress is excellent for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate bearable support for fragile pressure points (specifically your shoulders, hips, neck, low back). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The st regis mattress is poor for stomach and back sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on acceptable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight poorly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The st regis mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The st regis mattress height is 14".
• Tolerable edge support because of its coil construction.
• Saatva Classic is a magnificant alternative if you want superb edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect tolerable movement transfer because it has a coil construction.
You or your partner could potentially perceive a faint amount of movement transfer, but in all likelihood won't disturb you (unless you're a light sleeper).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts between sides of the bed. Get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns at night.
A deeper sleep = happier life.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the st regis mattress queen size is $2396.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Stregis at the following locations:
• on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Stregiss shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping via FedEx, UPS and USPS.
• orders are shipped within 1-2 business days.
• shipping takes between 3-7 business days.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the St Regis Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.