Sleep to Live Series 800 is a medium-firm, innerspring gel foam mattress from Kingsdown with a euro-top style and a 10-year limited warranty.
Decent if you enjoy the 'cushioning' feeling of memory foam with little motion transfer. Suitable for all 3 sleeping positions.
Customers complain about sagging and short durability. Consider a higher quality option.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "It is an expensive bed and we like it. I went to snooze where we got the bed from to see how long we hAve had it 7 years it seems. We have noticed that it is sagging and has a huge bump down the middle of the bed. Our backs and necks starting to suffer. Lady in the shop said we could not claim warranty and to buy another one which is under a new name and has been perfected for not sagging and no bumps down the middle. We paid over $3000 for the original bed - not going to pay that again when I expected it to go the full haul of time."
User 2: "I've had my queen half and half (one side soft: one side medium) for 5 years now. It started off wonderfully, but after about 3 years the dips began in earnest. It's just me in the bed and I rotate it every few weeks. It's now so bad I have get another mattress. I wake up very sore in the neck, shoulders and lower back. I'm average height and weight but looking at it now you'd think a horse was sleeping on it. I'm just really grateful I bought it on sale (floor stock) and only paid about $1900. Still for a ~$6000 mattress I'd expect a LOT better."
The sleep to live series 800 is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The sleep to live series 800 is adequate for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for sensitive pressure points (specifically your neck, shoulders, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The sleep to live series 800 is okay for back and stomach sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate passable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep to live series 800 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sleep to live series 800 height is 16.5".
• Fairly good edge support because of its pocketed coil design.
• Saatva Classic is a spectacular alternative if you want fabulous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect fairly good motion transfer because of its pocketed coil design.
You or your partner possibly will sense a little motion transfer, but odds-on it won't unsettle you (unless you're a light sleeper).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• no return policy information available.
• no exchange policy information available.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep to live series 800 queen size is $unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Sleep To Live Series 800 is not available to buy online or in stores (discontinued product).
Keep in mind the following info about Kingsdowns shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep To Live Series 800 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.