The Sleep to Live 400 is a medium-firm spring hybrid with coils and tight-top style. Part of Sleep to Live's line and manufactured by Kingsdown.
No major pros for the Series 400.
Primarily found @ retail locations (i.e. not easy to find). Overall poor construction and build. Lack of specifications and quality transparency. Avoid at all costs.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The sleep to live series 400 is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness for back/stomach sleepers and contouring support if you're a primary side sleeper.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The sleep to live series 400 is sufficient for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Expect fair support for delicate pain areas (specifically your shoulders, low back, neck, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The sleep to live series 400 is average for back and stomach sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on adequate support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight mediocrely.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep to live series 400 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: there is no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sleep to live series 400 height is 14.75".
• Passable edge support because of its pocket coil construction.
• Saatva Classic is an impressive alternative if you want stellar edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on passable motion transference due to its pocket coil construction.
You and your partner might possibly experience a small amount of motion transference, but odds-on it won't wake you (especially if you or your partner easily wake at night).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Hampton & Rhodes return policy:
• return policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
• exchange policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 20-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep to live series 400 queen size is there is no price information available..
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
You can buy Kingsdown at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Kingsdowns shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep To Live Series 400 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.