The X12 is a Sleep Number model that uses technology (via their Sleep IQ app) to help you score sleep (with tips on how to improve it).
The mattress is as comfortable as you'd expect for an $8k mattress. Definitely does not justify the extreme price.
Extremely expensive ($8k+) and recommendations from their technology are basic (and something you can find with dedicated apps on Apple or Android).
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- No info about height (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The sleep number x12 has several firmnesses to pick from depending on which model you select.
If you're a side sleeper, pick any firmness except firm and very firm. Isn't firm enough to create support and contouring issues (for most people).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The sleep number x12 is bearable for side sleeping.
Make sure to pick their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Anticipate acceptable support for delicate pain points (specifically your low back, neck, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The sleep number x12 is solid for back and stomach sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight reasonably well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep number x12 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: polypropylene fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sleep number x12 height is unknown height.
• Unexceptional edge support because of its memory foam design.
• Loom and Leaf is an outstanding alternative if you want staggeringly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect exceptional motion transfer as a result of the memory foam design.
You and your partner won't sense a single bit of motion transfer, and definitely won't disturb you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Sleep Number return policy:
• no clear return policy. Any return under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
• no clear exchange policy. Any exchange under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 15-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep number x12 queen size is 7999.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• not customer service focused.
• have livechat, but it doesn't seem very responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• you can contact them by sending them an email. Email option is available at the bottom of their page.
You can buy Sleep Number at the following locations:
• on their site
• in their physical stores
Keep in mind the following info about Sleep Numbers shipping and delivery process:
• delivery of mattresses is only available via Comfort Service℠ Home Delivery, which includes setup of your new bed and/or base and removal of your old mattress.
• no additional shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep Number X12 Reviews worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.