P-6 is a medium-firm pillow-top foam mattress from Sleep Number that comes with a 15-year limited warranty.
They feature comfort foam for pressure relief and moisture-wicking technology to keep you cool while you sleep.
The quality of this mattress is not worth its price. The P-6 models have been criticized for their smell and they are deemed uncomfortable for solo sleepers.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- Below average weight for a mattress (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
User 1: "I replaced my original Sleep Number bed 3 years ago with the P6 mattress after replacing the foam layer and the air pump. I regret that decision. The mattress covers do not hold their shape and the foam layer that lies over the mattress air bladders can and does split where the two bladders meet. The air pump on my original bed failed and had to be replaced. The P6 is only 3 years old and the mattress cover has stretched as badly as the 10+ year old mattress cover did."
The sleep number p6 is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness for back/stomach sleepers and contouring support if you're a primary side sleeper.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The sleep number p6 is reasonable for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Count on passable support for touchy pain points (specifically your neck, hips, shoulders, low back). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
Note: If you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Otherwise, concentrated pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The sleep number p6 is okay for stomach and back sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect bearable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight marginally okay.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep number p6 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: knit fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 65 lbs (queen size).
The sleep number p6 height is 11".
• Satisfactory edge support because of its foam substructure.
• Loom and Leaf is a shatteringly good alternative if you want marvelous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect outstanding movement transfer because of its foam substructure.
You and your partner won't notice a single bit of movement transfer, and emphatically won't stir you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Sleep Number return policy:
• no clear return policy. Any return under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
• no clear exchange policy. Any exchange under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 15-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep number p6 queen size is 3099.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have customer service, but it is likely not very good.
• livechat option is listed at the bottom of their site.
• their phone number is listed at the top of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Sleep Number at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Sleep Numbers shipping and delivery process:
• delivery of mattresses is only available via Comfort Service℠ Home Delivery, which includes setup of your new bed and/or base and removal of your old mattress.
• no additional shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep Number P6 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.