The ILE from Sleep Number is a medium-firm, pillow-top mattress from Sleep Number that features multiple foam layers, and comes with a 15-year warranty.
Combination of foam comfort and contoured support. It also has cooling features.
The balance between support and cushion wasn't comfortable for many.It's poor value relative to competitors that have similar (or better) features for the same price. Its sleep number settings are also unreliable.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
User 1: "Sleep Number plays dirty pool!!! I would NOT recommend this company to ANYONE! READ the reviews on Facebook, then scroll down through each post and read the comments of how, after waiting months for a bed to arrive, Sleep Number will send a broken motor or have other "mechanical" issues with the bed. It was more than I wanted to see. They block customers on Facebook from leaving a negative comment. Which lead me to cancel my order for their overpriced air mattress! I was promised an email confirmation of the cancellation that NEVER came, nor has my money been credited back to my bank account. This is going on THREE (3) weeks now!!! Plenty of time for that transaction to have taken place. I want my money refunded and nothing further to do with this sorry company ever again!!!"
User 2: "Sorely disappointed in Sleep Number. My delivery was scheduled for 6 weeks from purchase and when it was just about time for delivery they RESCHEDULED for another month out!!!! They must have known before now that all their beds were not going to be delivered and yet they sold them to their loyal customers anyway!!! Terrible customer service in my opinion!"
The sleep number ile is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness for back/stomach sleepers and contouring support if you're a primary side sleeper.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The sleep number ile is sufficient for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Expect fair support for delicate pain areas (specifically your shoulders, low back, neck, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The sleep number ile is average for back and stomach sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on adequate support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight mediocrely.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep number ile has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: knit fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sleep number ile height is 12".
• Middle-of-the-road edge support because of its memory foam construction.
• Loom and Leaf is a remarkably good alternative if you want sublime edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on impressive motion transference because it has a memory foam construction.
You and your partner won't experience a single bit of motion transference, and plainly won't rouse you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Sleep Number return policy:
• no clear return policy. Any return under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
• no clear exchange policy. Any exchange under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 15-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep number ile queen size is 5299.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have customer service, but it is likely not very good.
• livechat option is listed at the bottom of their site.
• their phone number is listed at the top of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Sleep Number at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Sleep Numbers shipping and delivery process:
• delivery of mattresses is only available via Comfort Service℠ Home Delivery, which includes setup of your new bed and/or base and removal of your old mattress.
• no additional shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep Number Ile worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.