The Sleep Number i8 is a medium firm 12" foam mattress from Sleep number that comes with a tight-top design and a 15-year limited warranty.
The i8 mattress could be a great option for couples (or individuals) who are looking for flexible comfort and a way to stay cool through the night
The mobile application is not very accurate in terms of sleep tracking. The smart features can be used for one person at a time which is something that bothers a lot of the customers since the mattress is made for two persons. Delivery time takes longer than the expected in most cases.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- Below average weight for a mattress (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
User 1: "I just got my i8 on Tuesday and am absolutely miserable. It’s a complete gimmick. It is 100% an air mattress with a fancy pump. Every night worse than the last. I went to bed at 9pm last night and didn’t fall asleep until 3am. Now I lay here and my whole body is in pain."
The sleep number i8 is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness for back/stomach sleepers and contouring support if you're a primary side sleeper.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The sleep number i8 is adequate for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for sensitive pressure points (specifically your neck, shoulders, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The sleep number i8 is okay for back and stomach sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate passable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep number i8 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: knit fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 63 lbs (queen size).
The sleep number i8 height is 12''.
• Satisfactory edge support because of its foam substructure.
• Loom and Leaf is a shatteringly good alternative if you want marvelous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect outstanding movement transfer because of its foam substructure.
You and your partner won't notice a single bit of movement transfer, and emphatically won't stir you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Sleep Number return policy:
• no clear return policy. Any return under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
• no clear exchange policy. Any exchange under an applicable in-home trial policy must first be authorized by them.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 15-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep number i8 queen size is 3799.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Sleep Number at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Sleep Numbers shipping and delivery process:
• delivery of mattresses is only available via Comfort Service℠ Home Delivery, which includes setup of your new bed and/or base and removal of your old mattress.
• no additional shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep Number I8 Reviews worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.