Sleep Number i7 is a medium firm foam mattress with a cooling cover and a tight-top style.
Fairly comfortable for hot sleepers. Some reviewers claim it alleviated their back pain.
Mediocre technology features. This mattress is not for you if you dislike foam feel. Higher quality options are available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
User 1: "I purchased the i7 spit king with flex 3 base and had problems with it from the start. The mattress had a chunk of foam missing from the edge. This was replaced but the installer put the mattress cover on backwards so the magnets did not align with the base. The was fixed without a problem. However, the two purchased remotes keep getting connectivity errors. Based on calls to support 1st we replaced the pump. That did not fix the problem. Then we replaced the base. That did not fix the problem and now there is an annoying noise when I move. I don't know what to do now."
User 2: "Have a i7 360 smart bed. Slept good for two nights and haven’t slept since. Do not buy this bed if you like to sleep next to someone else. My wife sleeps at 75 and on this bed. I go to sleep at 20 and wake up at 5. Which is laying on the box spring. My wife either wakes up because she is falling down the hill towards me, or because she has to climb back up the hill to get comfortable. I wake up with the wind knocked out of me and with another bruise, or because the box spring isn’t comfortable. If you’re number is more than 20 different. Not sure why this wasn’t part of the sales process. I will never recommend this bed to anyone I like."
The sleep number i7 is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The sleep number i7 is reasonable for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Count on passable support for touchy pain points (specifically your neck, hips, shoulders, low back). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
Note: If you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Otherwise, concentrated pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The sleep number i7 is okay for stomach and back sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect bearable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight marginally okay.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The sleep number i7 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: cooling fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The sleep number i7 height is 11".
• Ample edge support because of its foam design.
• Loom and Leaf is a spectacularly good alternative if you want formidable edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on top-notch motion transfer as a result of the foam design.
You and your partner won't sense a single bit of motion transfer, and categorically won't startle you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• they don't accept mattress returns.
• no exchange policy information available.
• has a 15-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the sleep number i7 queen size is $3499.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the top and bottom of their site.
• you can contact them by sending them an email. Email option is available at the bottom of their page.
• Currently, Sleep Number I7 is not available to buy online or in stores (discontinued product).
Keep in mind the following info about Sleep Numbers shipping and delivery process:
• they offer premium delivery and set up and UPS standard shipping.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Sleep Number I7 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.