The Serta Sleep To Go line consists of 1) gel memory foam (luxury-firm) and 2) hybrid (medium-firm) mattresses that feature multiple heights (8-14-inch) and designs (tight-top and euro-top). Each mattress from the SleepToGo line comes in a box.
Good for relieving pressure and reducing motion. Suitable for couples (good motion transfer). The gel in the memory foam is supposed to maintain a cool sleep environment (although that is not always the case).
Customers complain that the mattress is not as comfortable and good-quality as advertised. Much better alternatives are available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Average edge support
User 1: "I bought this bed 2 days ago and returning it TODAY !
Hard as a rock."
User 2: "This mattress is hard as a rock and makes my legs hurt. I've tried it for 2 months and wish I had never purchased. Very disappointed."
User 3: "I purchased this king mattress 3-4 months ago and within a couple months we already felt the indentation from both of our bodies in the mattress. This is upsetting bc this is exactly why we got rid of our old mattress. We have rotated it and hoped for it to be our imagination but unfortunately it's obvious. I can't wait to get in the middle of the bed where it's noticeably firmer where we don't lay. Also this mattress makes us hot. I still have the box and consider contacting the store about this for a refund often but it may be too late. it's a shame bc otherwise we felt it was comfortable. A new mattress should never do this especially so soon."
The serta to go has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The Serta To Go is ample for side sleepers.
Make sure to pick their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Bank on bearable support for fragile pressure points (specifically your shoulders, hips, neck, low back). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The Serta To Go is works well for stomach and back sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on ample support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta To Go has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top and tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fire-resistant fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 50-110 lbs (queen size).
The serta to go height is 8-14".
• Respectable edge support because of its foam support.
• Loom and Leaf is a fantastic alternative if you want splendidly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on outstanding motion transference as a consequence of the foam support.
You or your partner won't detect any motion transference, and definitely won't disturb you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts between sides of the bed. Get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns at night.
A deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta to go queen size is $369-779.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Serta To Go is available to buy by several retailers, including Sams Club.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).