Serta Soothe Plus is a hybrid innerspring mattress that comes with multiple firmness levels and a tight-top design.
Great if you prefer a combination of firm support and enveloping softness.
Avoid if you're allergic to latex. Build quality is decent (even if it's extremely expensive and not value-oriented). Better options are available in this price range.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives
- Too tall for some people (15.5"+)
- Average edge support
- Bad motion transfer
User 1: "Misleading description. I've had this mattress for almost a year, and it is very comfortable, but it's difficult to make the bed since the mattress is so heavy. Another thing that it isn't is "a super breathable heat-removing surface to disperse heat out and away keeping you cool through the night." It gets so warm, I can only use a sheet and a light blanket during the winter, and sometimes just a sheet, and not even a sheet in the summertime. So disappointing since it is pricey."
User 2: "Too firm. I just bought this mattress and it is much firmer than the one in the store...hoping it softens up."
User 3: "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! This mattress is not 30 days old and already has a folds & tucks. It was sold to me with the "adjustable base". The folds are exactly where the base "lifts."
The serta soothe plus has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The Serta Soothe Plus is adequate for side sleepers.
Make sure to pick their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for sensitive pressure points (specifically your neck, shoulders, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
Note: If you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Otherwise, concentrated pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The Serta Soothe Plus is good for back and stomach sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate sufficient support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta Soothe Plus has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: talalay latex for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: talalay latex for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fire-resistant fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 119 lbs (queen size).
The serta soothe plus height is 16".
• Tolerable edge support because of its innerspring support.
• Saatva Classic is a phenomenal alternative if you want outstanding edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on poor movement transfer because of its innerspring support and latex top layer.
You and your partner might perhaps notice a great amount of movement transfer, and probably will unsettle you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta soothe plus queen size is $2599.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Serta Soothe Plus is available to buy by several retailers, including RC Willey and Ashley Furniture.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).