Serta Sleep Retreat is an innerspring mattress collection that features mattresses in different designs (tight-top and pillow-top) and firmness levels.
Comfortable for those that like bouncy support. Suitable for side sleeping and couples.
Customers report poor customer service and complain about the mattress not being as good as advertised. There are much better alternatives available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- No info about height (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "I ordered this mattress on Prime Day at a discounted price. It was set to get here in about a week; it took much longer and kept getting delayed. Once it finally arrived we opened it up and realized it was a queen not the King sized mattress we ordered originally (the size was in VERY SMALL print on one of the packing stickers). The return policy states to follow Sertas return policy (Which is they will come pick up the wrong mattress and replace it or refund you); that did not happen. Contacted Amazon and they refunded me my money but told me I'd have to reorder and now my correct sized mattress won't show up until Aug/Sept at the earliest and had to reorder at the inflated price since it's no longer prime day (they said they will refund me the difference however I will have to be charged the original price and wait until I receive my mattress to get the second refund)".
The serta sleep retreat has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The Serta Sleep Retreat is fair for side sleepers.
Ensure to select their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect decent support for sensitive pain spots (specifically your shoulders, neck, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The Serta Sleep Retreat is good for back and stomach sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate fair support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta Sleep Retreat has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top and tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fire-resistant fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The serta sleep retreat height is unknown.
• Satisfactory edge support because of its coil style.
• Saatva Classic is a remarkable alternative if you want excellent edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on satisfactory movement transfer as a consequence of the coil style.
You and your partner may well perceive some movement transfer, but probably won't stir you (especially if you or your partner easily wake at night).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta sleep retreat queen size is $2049.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Serta Sleep Retreat is available to buy by several retailers, including Naders and Mattressnc.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).