Serta Shinola is a plush-soft 10-inch gel memory foam mattress that comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Decent for hot sleepers and for those who enjoy the cradling feel of memory foam.
Stay away if you're a back or stomach sleeper (too soft - which is bad for spinal alignment). Too expensive for what you end up getting. Far superior alternatives are available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Much better value-oriented alternatives
- Ambiguous longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag! Consider alternatives like the Saatva Classic. This model is our #1 pick, with over 51,028 5-star reviews.
The serta shinola comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The Serta Shinola is brilliant for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The Serta Shinola is not ideal for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight badly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta Shinola has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: cooling fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The serta shinola height is 10".
• Respectable edge support because of its foam construction.
• Loom and Leaf is a brilliant alternative if you want shatteringly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect tremendous motion transference because it has a foam construction.
You and your partner won't experience a single bit of motion transference, and absolutely won't unsettle you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• they offer free mattress returns within the first 100 days of delivery.
• they will arrange to have the product removed from your home.
• to schedule a removal you need to email them. You don't need to keep the original packaging.
• you can exchange your mattress for another Serta mattress within the 120-night trial period.
• your replacement order will be processed over the phone, the difference in cost will be charged or returned (if applicable) and the original product will be removed.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta shinola queen size is $1199.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• no livechat.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• you can contact them by sending them an email. Email option is available at the bottom of their page.
• Currently, Serta Shinola is available to buy on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
1) free FedEx delivery to the lower 48 states. They do not offer shipping to Alaska or Hawaii. It will take 2-4 weeks for your items to be ready for delivery. Orders are typically delivered Monday through Saturday between 7 am and 7 pm.pm.pm. except during major holidays. Deliveries can be delayed depending on the availability of delivery teams in your area.
2) White Glove service - which will not automatically be included with your purchase. You can upgrade to White Glove Delivery service through their delivery partner. There is an additional $150 fee for this service, which includes installation, removal of packaging, your old mattress, and box spring (if applicable). The condition of the mattress must be sanitary before it is removed.
3) standard Threshold delivery.