The Serta Perfect Sleeper Tranquil Wave is a plush-soft, 11-inch hybrid innerspring mattress with a tight-top style.
Great for side sleeping. Good balance of cushioned firmness (for spinal alignment) and contouring support (for your neck, shoulders, back, and hips). Suitable for hot sleepers due to its gel in the top layer.
Stay away if you're a back or stomach sleeper (too soft - which is bad for spinal alignment). There are better alternatives available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Much better value-oriented alternatives
- Ambiguous longevity
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "I wanted this as a replacement mattress for my school-aged daughter. This is a hybrid mattress, spring coil with a memory foam layer. The 11 inches are mostly coils, The memory foam layer is about 3-4 inches. I would not say that this mattress is firm. The springs do give quite a bit but when you lay down it's not so noticeable. This would be good for light or average weight individuals. I would not recommend this mattress for heavy set individuals."
The serta perfect sleeper tranquil wave comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Tranquil Wave is brilliant for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Tranquil Wave is not ideal for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight badly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Tranquil Wave has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 97 lbs (queen size).
The serta perfect sleeper tranquil wave height is 11".
• Middle-of-the-road edge support because of its coil design.
• Saatva Classic is a stupendous alternative if you want great edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on middle-of-the-road movement transfer because it has a coil design.
You or your partner could possibly notice a small amount of movement transfer, but in all probability won't wake you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta perfect sleeper tranquil wave queen size is $799.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Serta Perfect Sleeper Tranquil Wave is available to buy by several retailers, including Walmart and Bed Bath and Beyond.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).