The Serta Milford is a plush-soft 13.25-inch hybrid innerspring mattress that comes with a pillow-top style.
Great for side sleeping. Good balance of cushioned firmness (for spinal alignment) and contouring support (for your neck, shoulders, back, and hips). Suitable for hot sleepers due to its gel in the top layer.
Stay away if you're a back or stomach sleeper. There are better alternatives available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "Bought for our guest room in our retirement home. Has been used maybe 5 times for 2-night stays in the 9 months we have had it. Just found out it already has a sag in it. WHAT? Not only am I out the price of the mattress plus delivery, I also now have to pay for a new mattress, delivery of a new mattress, and haul away of this piece of junk. Do not buy it!"
User 2: "I'm a 140 lb single guy and this mattress started to sag & cave after 2 weeks. When I tried to return Big Lots said it's not their problem & Serta said the warranty was invalidated because I " removed the plastic shipping sheathing " . How else you supposed to sleep on it ? btw : the delivery company guys removed the sheathing ( understandable) . I'm going to have to buy another mattress. This Milford is getting tossed. Do Not Buy !"
The serta milford comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The Serta Milford is brilliant for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The Serta Milford is not ideal for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight badly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta Milford has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 772 lbs (queen size).
The serta milford height is 13.25".
• Satisfactory edge support because of its coil style.
• Saatva Classic is a remarkable alternative if you want excellent edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on satisfactory movement transfer as a consequence of the coil style.
You and your partner may well perceive some movement transfer, but probably won't stir you (especially if you or your partner easily wake at night).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta milford queen size is unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Serta Milford is available to buy by several retailers, including Big Lots.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).