The Serta Kirkling II is a tight-top designed, 10-inch gel memory foam mattress available in multiple firmness levels.
Great for relieving pressure and reducing motion. A decent mattress if you like the enveloping feeling of memory foam. The gel in its top layer is supposed to maintain a cool sleep environment (although that is not always the case).
Customers complain about durability and sagging over a short period. Skip this mattress, there are better options available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Average edge support
User 1: "We've had this mattress for not even 6 months and it's lumpy and unevenly worn already. We use the box spring, and rotate it frequently to try and combat this but it really is just poor quality. I'm disappointed we spent so much on a mattress just to have it wear so terribly within months. It genuinely looks like we've been sleeping on it for years and feels like it too. Both of us are under 200lbs, I really don't see any reason it should be this lumpy and have just huge indentations on the sides we sleep on. Don't but this!"
The serta kirkling ii has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The Serta Kirkling Ii is decent for side sleepers.
Make certain to choose their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Bank on reasonable support for fragile pressure areas (specifically your neck, hips, low back, shoulders). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body good.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The Serta Kirkling Ii is works well for stomach and back sleepers.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on passable support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The Serta Kirkling Ii has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 38 lbs (queen size).
The serta kirkling ii height is 10".
• Okay edge support because of its foam base.
• Loom and Leaf is a confoundingly good alternative if you want shockingly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on very good motion transfer due to its foam base.
You or your partner won't feel any motion transfer, and emphatically won't stir you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the serta kirkling ii queen size is 759.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Serta Kirkling Ii is available to buy by several retailers, including BigLots.
Keep in mind the following info about Sertas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on the retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).