PJ Mattress is an innerspring, dunlop latex mattress from PJ Sleep that comes in a euro-top and a tight-top style with multiple firmness levels.
Decent for combo sleepers with good balance of firm support and enveloping softness.
Skip if you're allergic to latex or don't like buoyancy. Alternatives with greater value are available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
- Bad motion transfer
User 1: "I returned because it would hold air it did come with a motorized inflater as well as flex seal but didn't hold air from day one and it probably would have been great for someone larger im 5'3" and 165lbd i didn't get my bbl yet but the whole was way to big you would need to be quite a bit larger for it to work"
User 2: "Terrible material makes me so upset With I have my surgery then I have to purchase something else in last minute, broke down opening up in the first time i used terrible product don’t purchase this i wish i can have my money back"
The pj has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The pj is fair for side sleepers.
Ensure to select their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect decent support for sensitive pain spots (specifically your shoulders, neck, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The pj is good for back and stomach sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate fair support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The pj has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: dunlop latex for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: dunlop latex for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top and euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: organic knit cotton which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The pj height is 7-17".
• Decent edge support because of its innerspring style.
• Saatva Classic is an extraordinary alternative if you want fabulous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect imperfect motion transfer as a result of the innerspring style and latex top layer.
You or your partner could perhaps sense a lot of motion transfer, and in all probability will awake you (unless you're a light sleeper).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• no return policy information available.
• no exchange policy information available.
• no warranty information available.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the pj queen size is $3849.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• no phone number available on their site.
• no email address available on their site.
• Currently, Pj is available to buy on their site and in their physical stores.
Keep in mind the following info about Pjs Sleeps shipping and delivery process:
• no shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Pj Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.