Onyx Plush mattress made by Sapphire Sleep is a 16-inch, euro-top, medium firm hybrid mattress that comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Great for sleeping on your back, stomach, or side. The euro-top style provides more support than just that comfortable "pillowy" feel. (properly accommodates your sensitive pressure points and gives comfort to the entire body area).
Customers complain about durability and sagging over a short period. Might be too tall for some people since the height of this mattress is 16 inches. Better alternatives are available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Much better value-oriented alternatives.
- Ambiguous longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Too tall for some people (15.5"+)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "I bought the plush version of the Onyx as it appeared to be a well made mattress that would not retain heat. It also seems to have been manufactured to prevent sagging.
I have pre existing arthritis in the hips but now wake up in the middle of every night with hip as well as shoulder pain. That is with sleeping on a length of lambskin I purchased to try to compensate for the pressure. The mattress is simply too firm for my needs. Note: I never had shoulder pain previously and do not suffer with any shoulder pathologies.
I am unsure how a topper would fit as the sheets are deep queen sized.
Needless to say i am disappointed with the mattress. "
User 2: "Terrible. Matress sinking in middle area. Only 2 weeks I started to felt back pain. I did complaint to both manufacturing and company. They just dismiss my complaints saying they are sure about their quality and they use covid as reason to dismiss my complaints. I should have known when I signed the unfair contract. They said 4 cm is normal body indent. "
The onyx plush is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The onyx plush is fair for side sleepers.
Ensure to pick their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Count on decent support for sensitive pain spots (specifically your shoulders, neck, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The onyx plush is fine for back and stomach sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate ample support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight marginally alright.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The onyx plush has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch knit which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The onyx plush height is 16".
• Ample edge support because of its pocketed coil construction.
• Saatva Classic is a formidable alternative if you want sensational edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on ample motion transfer because of its pocketed coil construction.
You or your partner might perhaps feel a smidge of motion transfer, but probably won't rouse you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• they offer a 101-night trial, if you are not satisfied, you can return the mattress, but they won't be able to refund the shipping fees.
• no exchange policy information available.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the onyx plush queen size is $999.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat, but it doesn't seem very responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the top and bottom of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
• Currently, Onyx Plush is not available to buy online or in stores (discontinued product).
Keep in mind the following info about Sapphire Sleeps shipping and delivery process:
• no shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Onyx Plush Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.