The Nolah Evolution 15 is a Nolah hybrid mattress that is available in three firmness levels: plush, luxury firm and firm and comes with organic cotton cover and lifetime warranty.
This mattress should be suitable for any type of sleeper, but especially heavy sleepers over 230 lbs because of its thick 15-inch profile and cool-to-the-touch foams that is supposed to keep the sleeper cool all the time.
Lacks adequate edge support and some customers had trouble unboxing the product.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- Too tall for some people (15.5")
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "Got it a few months back and liked it a lot at first. It was much better than the mattress it was replacing. My wife is a slide sleeper and I'm a stomach/back (but I'm not a huge person, 160lbs average build). She has problems finding something that relieves pressure and the Nolah is supposedly catered to pressure relief. I'm not as picky. I just don't like mattresses that have a lot of sinkage when sleeping next to someone else. Sometimes you'll be right next to each other and together you create a huge impression in the mattress. That's a problem for a stomach/back sleeper."
The nolah evolution 15 is a medium-firm feel (approximately a 6-7 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A luxury firm model like this (which is a little firmer than average) is built for all 3 sleep positions (back, stomach and side). Even with a healthy amount of balanced firmness, we still only recommend this model for back and stomach sleepers that 'sometimes' sleep on their side.
Overall decent job correctly aligning your spine while simultaneously providing contouring support for your sensitive pain points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you only sleep on your side.
The top style does a good job creating a balanced firmness (flat vs. contouring) feel.
The nolah evolution 15 is ample for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Count on reasonable support for sensitive pressure points (specifically your neck, shoulders, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The nolah evolution 15 is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate fair support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The nolah evolution 15 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: organic cotton which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 73 lbs (queen size).
The nolah evolution 15 height is 15".
• Fair edge support because of its pocket coil build.
• Saatva Classic is an extraordinary alternative if you want great edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect fair motion transference as a result of the pocket coil build.
You or your partner could perhaps detect some motion transference, but in all probability won't stir you (unless you're a light sleeper).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
• they offer a 120-night trial period
• you must keep the mattress for a minimum of 30 days before initiating an exchange.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 25-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the nolah evolution 15 queen size is 1599.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Nolah at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Nolahs shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free FedEx shipping to your door.
• shipping is available only to 48 U.S. contiguous states.
• it takes them 1-2 business days to craft your Nolah mattress.
• shipping takes 1-4 business days.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Nolah Evolution 15 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.