Myrbacka is a medium-firm mattress from Ikea with memory foam and a tight top style.
Considerably fewer issues with durability than most IKEA offerings with 25 years of limited coverage warranty.
Memory foam thickness does not remind on true luxury mattresses. Exchange-only return policy.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Below average weight for a mattress (indicates low quality materials)
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
User 1: "I love IKEA but I have to say that I have been disappointed in this mattress. It is firm but it still nests and I feel like I wake up in a bit of a trench in the mornings. This is not what I expected. I would not buy this mattress again."
User 2: "This mattress in the starting was pretty good but last couple weeks I have noticed it started to dip in the middle little bit. I would say this mattress can be used for guestroom and may not be recommended for daily use least for couples."
The myrbacka mattress is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness for back/stomach sleepers and contouring support if you're a primary side sleeper.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The myrbacka mattress is fair for side sleepers.
Ensure to pick their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Count on decent support for sensitive pain spots (specifically your shoulders, neck, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The myrbacka mattress is fine for back and stomach sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate ample support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight marginally alright.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The myrbacka mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 68 lbs (queen size).
The myrbacka mattress height is 9.5".
• Ample edge support because of its foam design.
• Loom and Leaf is a spectacularly good alternative if you want formidable edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on top-notch motion transfer as a result of the foam design.
You and your partner won't sense a single bit of motion transfer, and categorically won't startle you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days from delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the myrbacka mattress queen size is 549.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site
• by several retailers including Walmart
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
they offer following shipping options:
- parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
- doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
- in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Myrbacka Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.