Mlily Powercool is a sleep system (not just a mattress) that uses a fan cooling base (compare it to a fan you place under your laptop) to maintain a stable sleep temperature. They use bamboo + charcoal memory foam and pocketed coils as its base.
Medium comfort level (which is great for all sleep positions). Generally high-quality materials and overall construction (which is what you'd expect for the price).
Shipping takes a while. Also incredibly expensive for what you actually get. Fan cooling feature may be 'innovative' (although Eight and other brands do it), but this can easily be solved with a mattress with (a) great airflow and a (b) $100 standing fan with a remote (if you really want to splurge).
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Much better value-oriented alternatives. Ambiguous longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "Without a doubt the WORST investment in a mattress I have ever made. One star is six too many."
User 2: "We have had this mattress for two years. It started off great but not so good now. I wake up around 3:00 am now with my back hurting. The mattress top has gotten loose with the material pooching up. The support is just not there any more. Have slept on other beds (hotels, visiting family, etc) and I sleep well with no back pain. So now I have to put out another chunk of money for another mattress - not an easy thing to do with our income."
The mlily power cool is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The mlily power cool is reasonable for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Count on passable support for touchy pain points (specifically your neck, hips, shoulders, low back). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
Note: If you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Otherwise, concentrated pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The mlily power cool is okay for stomach and back sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect bearable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight marginally okay.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The mlily power cool has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: cooling knit which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The mlily power cool height is 11.5".
• Decent edge support because of its coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an astounding alternative if you want fabulous edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on decent movement transfer because it has a coil base.
You or your partner may well perceive a little bit of movement transfer, but odds-on it won't startle you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the mlily power cool queen size is $5499.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Mlily at the following locations:
• on their site.
• by several retailers, including Amazon.
Keep in mind the following info about Mlilys shipping and delivery process:
• no shipping information available on their site.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Mlily Power Cool worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.