Ikea's MARTAND mattress is made of foam and has a washable cover. You can choose between a firm and medium firm.
Its material is soft, and it is reasonably priced. Some zip codes do not have delivery options.
It sags fast, and becomes lumpy in a short time. It sinks fast (reports of extreme sinking).
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf..
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Below average weight for a mattress (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
User 1: "I bought it 3 months ago. Surface not soft. Very hard surface"
User 2: "I bought this a couple of years ago, and I never liked it. My body never liked it. The corners and sides sag. Actually the whole thing sags. And not after a good amount of time. Quickly. It’s hard to sit up. It hurts to read in bed. I mean, it’s better than the worst spring mattress I ever had slept on, which was the one right before I ordered this ikea mattress."
The matrand mattress is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The matrand mattress is adverse for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on sufficient support for touchy pain areas (specifically your hips, low back, shoulders, neck). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The matrand mattress is perfect for stomach and back sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect decent support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight fantastically well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The matrand mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 57 lbs (queen size).
The matrand mattress height is 7.13".
• Bearable edge support because of its foam support.
• Loom and Leaf is a shockingly good alternative if you want magnificant edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on terrific motion transference as a consequence of the foam support.
You or your partner won't detect any motion transference, and unequivocally won't awake you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days from delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 25-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the matrand mattress queen size is 359.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
they offer following shipping options:
- parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
- doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
- in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Matrand Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.