Luxi mattress line features 2 foam mattress models (The LuxiOne and Luxi 3-in-1 adjustable mattress). Both models feature adjustable firmness setting on both sides (which is great for couples).
They're built in America and use shape-matching technology.
Their policies are mediocre and they have a low # of online reviews. Many reviews report bad hip support and inconsistent firmness across the mattress surface.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- No motion transfer
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
• User 1: "The 'edge support' design seems to create a slightly firmer central area which is a pity for those who like to sleep right in the middle of the mattress. Off-gassing seems quite extensive and there is a mildly noticeable smell, even after 10 days. We received a mattress with a defective zipper (track missing tooth on 1 side which made it extremely difficult to open/close smoothly and zipper actually came off track completely); for a RRP$839 double mattress, the flimsy plastic material choice for the zipper comes across as cheap. Customer service experience has been very poor post-sale; zipper problem still not addressed after 11 days and multiple follow-up emails (there is no phone support, only voicemail) despite initial response from the Luxi Team that it was passed onto the Operations Director and they would be in touch 'soon', then 4 business days of radio silence, another reminder email and subsequent response the issue would be resolved in '48 hours', another reminder email after 72 hours and latest response of 'waiting for word from our manufacturer' with promises of resolution 'asap'. Overall, while we like the mattress itself the zipper is a let down and prohibits full use of the adjustability of firmness. After 11 days and multiple followups, we are still stuck with a defective item and no resolution of this problem. The Luxisleep Australia website now displays no information excepting a contact email which does not inspire confidence. So word of warning to those considering this mattress-in-a-box that this has not been a good experience thus far!!"
• User 2: "This mattress was fine for the first week or two, but soon after I stared getting severe back pain. My shouldn’t and arms go completely numb, it is absolutely terrible. I have tried calling and emailing and no one ever responds. Terrible company, do not waste your money."
The luxi mattress is a medium-firm feel (approximately a 6-7 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A luxury firm model like this (which is a little firmer than average) is built for all 3 sleep positions (back, stomach and side). Even with a healthy amount of balanced firmness, we still only recommend this model for back and stomach sleepers that 'sometimes' sleep on their side.
Overall decent job correctly aligning your spine while simultaneously providing contouring support for your sensitive pain points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you only sleep on your side.
The top style does a good job creating a balanced firmness (flat vs. contouring) feel.
The luxi mattress is ample for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Count on reasonable support for sensitive pressure points (specifically your neck, shoulders, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The luxi mattress is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate fair support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The luxi mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: polyester/viscose which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 80 lbs (queen size).
The luxi mattress height is 9".
• Reasonable edge support because of its foam base.
• Loom and Leaf is a startlingly good alternative if you want an astonishing edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on wonderful motion transfer due to its foam base.
You or your partner won't feel any motion transfer, and plainly won't rouse you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the luxi mattress queen size is $999.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Luxiagi at the following locations:
• on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Luxiagis shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping to the continental U.S.
• additional fee applies for shipments to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada.
• shipping takes 5 to 7 business days.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Luxi Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.