Lucid 14-inch mattress is a gel-memory foam tight-top mattress, that comes in multiple firmnesses and sizes. Each Lucid mattress comes in a box and has a 10-year limited warranty.
Great for pressure relief and motion reduction. Decent mattress, if you enjoy the enveloping/cradling feeling of memory foam. Fine for a guest room.
Customers complain about durability and sagging (avoid it if you want a long-lasting mattress). Far better alternatives are available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Average edge support
User 1: "Seems to be a very comfortable mattress but definitely more on the plush side. Good for those without any back/neck issues. Only reason I'm giving it 3 stars is because I do like the height of the mattress, my Husband LOVES the plush feel (he has no back/neck issues), and I haven't had it long enough yet to determine how well it holds up over time. Also, I think I'll be adding a medium firm/firm topper for a little more support for my back as well. I honestly would return to buy the 10" medium (firm) but as I said, I like the height of the 14", and simply don't want to go through the hassle of returning."
The lucid 14 inch has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The lucid 14 inch is tolerable for side sleepers.
Make certain to choose their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect adequate support for sensitive pressure areas (specifically your low back, hips, shoulders, neck). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body good.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The lucid 14 inch is good for back and stomach sleepers.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate acceptable support for delicate alignment (specifically your low back). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The lucid 14 inch has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: bamboo stretch which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 71.5 lbs (queen size).
The lucid 14 inch height is 14".
• Ample edge support because of its foam design.
• Loom and Leaf is a spectacularly good alternative if you want formidable edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on top-notch motion transfer as a result of the foam design.
You and your partner won't sense a single bit of motion transfer, and categorically won't startle you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• they accept returns, in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
• no exchange policy information available.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the lucid 14 inch queen size is $529.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have good customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• their email address is located on their contact page.
• Currently, Lucid 14 Inch is available to buy on their site and by several retailers, including Amazon and Walmart.
Keep in mind the following info about Lucids shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Lucid 14 Inch Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.