Kingsdown Malbec mattress is a tall (16") and very supportive mattress that uses wool, responsive foam and micro-coils. Quite expensive ($2500 for a Queen). Good for all 3 sleep positions.
Individually pocketed coils are tempered and very responsive (which means less motion transfer). Longevity is decent and overall comfort is solid.
Avoid if possible. Can only buy on Mattress Firm and other retailers (no dedicated site; which makes purchases more risky if you have a potential warranty or return issue).
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Much better value-oriented alternatives. Ambiguous longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
User 1: "I've had my Kingsdown mattress for 14 months. It sags in the middle so badly that it causes me back pain. I'm very disappointed. I've had several Kingsdown mattresses before and was alway satisfied. Not any more."
User 2: "Received a defective mattress and we can not get kingsdown to honor their warranty. Stuck with a $3,500 mattress that sags more than our 10 year old mattress that we replaced."
The kingsdown malbec mattress is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The kingsdown malbec mattress is reasonable for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Count on passable support for touchy pain points (specifically your neck, hips, shoulders, low back). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
Note: If you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Otherwise, concentrated pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The kingsdown malbec mattress is okay for stomach and back sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect bearable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight marginally okay.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The kingsdown malbec mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: micro-coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: viscose knit
which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The kingsdown malbec mattress height is 16".
• Mediocre edge support because of its pocketed coil support.
• Saatva Classic is a sublime alternative if you want outstanding edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on mediocre motion transfer originating from its pocketed coil support.
You and your partner might perhaps feel a faint amount of motion transfer, but likely won't disturb you (especially if you or your partner easily wake at night).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Kingsdown return policy:
• there is no return policy information available.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the kingsdown malbec mattress queen size is $2499.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Kingsdown at the following locations:
• by several retailers, including Mattress Firm.
Keep in mind the following info about Kingsdowns shipping and delivery process:
• no shipping information available on their site.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Kingsdown Malbec Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.