Kingsdown Ellisdale is a 12.5-inch medium-firm hybrid euro-top designed mattress.
Good for any sleeping position (back, stomach, or side). The euro-top style provides more support than just that comfortable "pillowy" feel. (properly accommodates your sensitive pressure points and gives comfort to the entire body area).
Customers complain about durability and sagging over a short period. Avoid if you like flippable mattresses for extra longevity (euro-top designed mattresses are one-sided only)
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Much better value-oriented alternatives.
- Ambiguous longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "I've had my Kingsdown mattress for 14 months. It sags in the middle so badly that it causes me back pain. I'm very disappointed. I've had several Kingsdown mattresses before and was alway satisfied. Not any more."
User 2: "You would think that after 3 years, this bed would still be usable. But now there is a big canyon in the middle of it. They sent an inspector who also agreed verbally. But then after (mind you this is months of calling) we received a letter from them saying that they wouldn't honor the warranty. Scam."
The kingsdown ellisdale is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The kingsdown ellisdale is sufficient for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Expect fair support for delicate pain areas (specifically your shoulders, low back, neck, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The kingsdown ellisdale is average for back and stomach sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on adequate support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight mediocrely.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The kingsdown ellisdale has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: fiber quilt which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The kingsdown ellisdale height is 12.5".
• Bearable edge support because of its pocketed coil style.
• Saatva Classic is a marvelous alternative if you want top-notch edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate bearable motion transfer originating from its pocketed coil style.
You and your partner may perhaps feel a little bit of motion transfer, but in all probability won't startle you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• no warranty information available.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the kingsdown ellisdale queen size is $1249.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Kingsdown Ellisdale is available to buy by several retailers, including Miami Interiors.
Keep in mind the following info about Kingsdowns shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Kingsdown Ellisdale Mattress Reviews worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.