The Kingsdown Chardonnay is a 14.5" pocket coil hybrid firm mattress with latex, wool and gel infused foam under the cover. Sold @ Mattress Firm and their site. They use no harsh glues or additives and overall are built well.
Solid overall construction and material quality. Latex is great for pressure relief and foam contributes to good motion transfer. Coil base provides a little bounce for couples and sex.
Users report experiencing pain and discomfort on the Chardonnay. Body impressions and sagging is a potential issue due to it's pillow-top design.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Bad motion transfer
User 1: "I've had my Kingsdown mattress for 14 months. It sags in the middle so badly that it causes me back pain. I'm very disappointed. I've had several Kingsdown mattresses before and was alway satisfied. Not any more."
User 2: "Received a defective mattress and we can not get kingsdown to honor their warranty. Stuck with a $3,500 mattress that sags more than our 10 year old mattress that we replaced."
User 3: "Bed was super saggy after 4 years and so I had to get a new bed. Not worth the high price tag when you can get a saggy bed after 4 years from anyone else."
The kingsdown chardonnay mattress is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The kingsdown chardonnay mattress is adverse for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on sufficient support for touchy pain areas (specifically your hips, low back, shoulders, neck). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The kingsdown chardonnay mattress is perfect for stomach and back sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect decent support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight fantastically well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The kingsdown chardonnay mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: blended latex for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: blended latex for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: viscose knit cover which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The kingsdown chardonnay mattress height is 14.5".
• Adequate edge support because of its spring coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an amazing alternative if you want awesome edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on second-rate motion transference because it has a spring coil base and latex top layer.
You or your partner may well experience a great amount of motion transference, and odds-on it will disturb you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Hampton & Rhodes return policy:
• return policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
• exchange policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the kingsdown chardonnay mattress queen size is 1999.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Kingsdown at the following locations:
Keep in mind the following info about Kingsdowns shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Kingsdown Chardonnay Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.