Intellibed Starlight is a luxury firm 14.25-inch, foam tight-top mattress from Intellibed that comes with a 30-year warranty.
A luxury firm model (which is a little firmer than average) should be solid for back and stomach sleepers. Fairly comfortable if you like memory foam and enjoy an 'enveloping' feel with little-no motion transfer. Build quality is decent (even if it's extremely expensive and not value-oriented).
You should stay away if you sleep only on your side. They accept exchanges, but have in mind that you will be responsible to pay for the shipping. Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "Bought the very expensive Intellibed Nightfall mattress 2.5 years ago. It is breaking down creating a lump and divots. Went to initiate a warranty claim and it was denied bc I removed the law tag. The tag specifically states the consumer may remove the tag. Intellibed does not stand behind their products."
User 2: "Customer service was good/responsive. Thought bed was ok for first week or so, but have a very difficult time getting comfortable and falling asleep on it. Now experiencing shoulder and hip pain and waking up every hour or 2 to change positions. Also wake up stiff and feel like my back and neck are not aligned well at all. Not what I expected based on reviews and talking to customer service."
User 3: "Out of four bed selections, we have tried two. First one was way too hard. Second one was way too soft. Unfortunately, they draw the line at number of choices and we can't return or exchange second the bed. Buyer beware, unless you try it in a store DO NOT BUY ONLINE. Too expensive of a mistake. I will not be recommending these beds sold online."
The intellibed starlight is a medium-firm feel (approximately a 6-7 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A luxury firm model like this (which is a little firmer than average) is built for all 3 sleep positions (back, stomach and side). Even with a healthy amount of balanced firmness, we still only recommend this model for back and stomach sleepers that 'sometimes' sleep on their side.
Overall decent job correctly aligning your spine while simultaneously providing contouring support for your sensitive pain points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you only sleep on your side.
The top style does a good job creating a balanced firmness (flat vs. contouring) feel.
The intellibed starlight is ample for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Count on reasonable support for sensitive pressure points (specifically your neck, shoulders, low back, hips). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The intellibed starlight is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate fair support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The intellibed starlight has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: gel foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: woven which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The intellibed starlight height is 14.25".
• Acceptable edge support because of its pocket coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an astonishing alternative if you want excellent edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate acceptable motion transference due to its pocket coil base.
You and your partner may possibly experience a faint amount of motion transference, but probably won't disturb you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Intellibed return policy:
• they offer a 30 days trial period, if you are not satisfied, and decide to return before the required 30-day acclimation period, you will be responsible for the return shipping.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 30-year warranty. 10 full and 20 pro-rated.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the intellibed starlight queen size is $5299.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Intellibed at the following locations:
• on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Intellibeds shipping and delivery process:
• they offer a flat rate delivery charge of $199 for any non-adjustable unit and a flat rate delivery charge of $199 for any adjustable unit to any of the contiguous United States.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Intellibed Starlight worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.