The Ikea Mausund is a 8-inch medium firm latex mattress with a tight-top design and comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Suitable for all types of sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper). Great if you love a balance of bouncy support and enveloping softness (best of both worlds).
Skip if you're allergic to latex or don't like a buoyant feel. The 10-year warranty speaks about the mattress's durability (avoid it if you want a long-lasting mattress). Much better alternatives are available.
Zenhaven is our #1 direct alternative. They're 100% natural and organic talalay latex. Incredible pressure point relief and full-body support. Extremely comfortable and built to last 15-20 years (at least). Customer service at Saatva is top-tier and available 24/7 (best in the industry).
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Some motion transfer
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The ikea mausund is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness (for back/stomach sleepers) and contouring support (if you're a primary side sleeper).
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The ikea mausund is acceptable for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Anticipate sufficient support for delicate pressure spots (specifically your neck, low back, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The ikea mausund is fine for back and stomach sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on decent support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight marginally alright.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The ikea mausund has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: blended latex for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: blended latex for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: blended latex for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: cotton which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 74 lbs (queen size).
The ikea mausund height is 8".
• Respectable edge support because of its blended latex as a support and comfort layer design.
• Zenhaven is a formidable alternative if you want genuinely good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on ordinary motion transfer as a result of the blended latex in both layers. Blended latex does an average job (since it's bouncy) of dissipating movement.
You and your partner may possibly detect some motion transfer, and likely will rouse you (unless you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days of delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the ikea mausund queen size is $unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
• Currently, Ikea Mausund is available to buy on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
• they offer following shipping options:
• parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
• doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
• in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Ikea Mausund worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.