Ikea Hesstun is a euro-top mattress that comes in 3 comfort levels (firm, medium firm and soft). Slightly more expensive with hybrid coils and foam on top.
Built for back and stomach sleepers that maybe sometimes sleep on their site. Quality is decent for a $550-ish mattress. Breathes surprisingly well.
Avoid! Major and frequent service complaints for Ikea, their delivery process, and overall policies. Exchange policy is a gimmick and you're stuck with what you order (i.e. can't return). Complaints about serious odors/chemical smell (i.e. off-gassing) and lumpiness.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "IKEA mattresses aren't bad quality. They also post all the specs and foam densities they use -- which is more than Beautyrest can say. The Hesstun isn't a super high quality mattress -- but it's not a bad mattress either. "
The ikea hesstun is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The ikea hesstun is adverse for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on sufficient support for touchy pain areas (specifically your hips, low back, shoulders, neck). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The ikea hesstun is perfect for stomach and back sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect decent support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight fantastically well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The ikea hesstun has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch knit which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: 63 lbs (queen size).
The ikea hesstun height is 12".
• Adequate edge support because of its pocketed coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an amazing alternative if you want awesome edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect adequate motion transfer because of its pocketed coil base.
You or your partner may perhaps feel a small amount of motion transfer, but likely won't wake you (unless you're a light sleeper).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the ikea hesstun queen size is $549.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site.
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
• they offer following shipping options:
• parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
• doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
• in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Ikea Hesstun worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.