Ikea's Hausesund is a medium-firm innerspring hybrid with gel memory foam in its top layer and a tight-top design.
The gel keeps the sleep environment cool (although not always). It offers good value.
Firmer than advertised.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "very poor quality I have had it for 3 months and I can no longer sleep in it because I feel holes everywhere"
User 2: "The bed frame fall as often it can I spend more time fixing rails than I lie down to rest"
User 3: "This is by far the worse mattress I ever owned. I can’t get comfortable keep tossing and turning, and wake up with my shoulder tingling . I feel like I’m trying to sleep on straight concrete . Even went and bought a mattress topper hoping that would do it but it’s not. I’m currently sleeping on my sofa that is much more comfortable than this mattress ."
The haugesund mattress is a medium comfort level (about a 5-6 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
Ideal for all sleep positions, including back, stomach and side sleepers. You'll have a balance of cushioning firmness for back/stomach sleepers and contouring support if you're a primary side sleeper.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface, too.
The haugesund mattress is acceptable for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Anticipate sufficient support for delicate pressure spots (specifically your neck, low back, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The haugesund mattress is fine for back and stomach sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on decent support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight marginally alright.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The haugesund mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch fabric which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The haugesund mattress height is 9".
• Acceptable edge support because of its pocket coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an astonishing alternative if you want excellent edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate acceptable motion transference due to its pocket coil base.
You and your partner may possibly experience a faint amount of motion transference, but probably won't disturb you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days from delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the haugesund mattress queen size is 289.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
they offer following shipping options:
- parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
- doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
- in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Haugesund Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.