The HR100 from Hampton and Rhodes is a firm tight-top hybrid sold exclusively at Mattress Firm. It's very short (6.5") and primarily meant as a guest mattress with little use.
No pros for the HR100.
Can only buy in a Mattress Firm retail location. Cheap materials and little-no transparency with construction and quality specs. Avoid at all costs.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "I have had this bed for almost a year and I can tell you with utmost certainty that although these prices are cheap it only reflects the condition of the bed. It has absolutely no padding, unless you want a bed that creaks every time you move around on it then I would not recommend buying this. I have to buy a topper to make it decent at best. not to mention their delivery was atrocious."
User 2: "This is not a great mattress at all! It does not provide the support that one needs. This mattress should be marketed for a camper trailer or something similar. This is not something you would want to sleep on long tern nor is it something you would want your children or guests to sleep on. I would return it but there is a $75 return fee - and the mattress is not worth it. Lessoned learned. Period."
The hampton and rhodes hr100 6.5 inch firm mattress is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The hampton and rhodes hr100 6.5 inch firm mattress is inadequate for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Expect acceptable support for delicate pain points (specifically your low back, neck, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The hampton and rhodes hr100 6.5 inch firm mattress is fantastic for back and stomach sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on reasonable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight extremely well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The hampton and rhodes hr100 6.5 inch firm mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: there is no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The hampton and rhodes hr100 6.5 inch firm mattress height is 6.5".
• Ample edge support because of its pocketed coil construction.
• Saatva Classic is a formidable alternative if you want sensational edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on ample motion transfer because of its pocketed coil construction.
You or your partner might perhaps feel a smidge of motion transfer, but probably won't rouse you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Hampton & Rhodes return policy:
• return policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
• exchange policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• 5-10 years, depending on the mattress.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the hampton and rhodes hr100 6.5 inch firm mattress queen size is there is no price information available..
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Hampton & Rhodes at the following locations:
Keep in mind the following info about Hampton & Rhodess shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Hampton And Rhodes Hr100 6.5" Firm Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.