The Hampton and Rhodes Aruba is a plush-soft, 14-inch, memory foam mattress, with a pillow-top design. This model is no longer in production.
Great for side sleeping. A good balance of cushioned firmness and contouring support (for your neck, shoulders, back, and hips). Its gel is supposed to maintain a cool sleep environment (although it doesn't always).
Customers complain about durability and sagging over a short period of time. Better alternatives available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- Heavy mattress (difficult to move and transport)
- Average edge support
- Bad motion transfer
User 1: "I have had this bed for almost a year and I can tell you with utmost certainty that although these prices are cheap it only reflects the condition of the bed. It has absolutely no padding, unless you want a bed that creaks every time you move around on it then I would not recommend buying this. I have to buy a topper to make it decent at best. not to mention their delivery was atrocious."
User 2: "I was very happy with this mattress for the first 6 months. After that it started sagging and after only 1 year is very uncomfortable."
User 3: "This bed might be okay for people with no back, neck or hip injuries, and it seemed like good deal, but if you do have any issues, avoid it. I felt like I had been hit by a truck every morning no exaggeration, and since I do sleep fine on some resort/hotel mattresses it wasn't just my body injuries causing it. I gave it 2 stars simply because my husband slept ok, but then he sleeps reclined in the car no problem either. Another problem? I weigh 125 , my husband 165, and the bed had sag marks where we laid after just about 4 months. Not acceptable."
The hampton and rhodes aruba 14 inch gel memory foam pillow top mattress comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The hampton and rhodes aruba 14 inch gel memory foam pillow top mattress is moderately good for side sleepers.
Make certain to select their most plush option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Count on adequate support for sensitive pressure areas (specifically your low back, hips, shoulders, neck). Foam on top relieves tension and pressure throughout the body good.
Note: If you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Otherwise, concentrated pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The hampton and rhodes aruba 14 inch gel memory foam pillow top mattress is bad for back and stomach sleepers.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate sufficient support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your low back). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight inadequately.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The hampton and rhodes aruba 14 inch gel memory foam pillow top mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch knit which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The hampton and rhodes aruba 14 inch gel memory foam pillow top mattress height is 14".
• Pretty good edge support because of its pocket coil design.
• Saatva Classic is a staggering alternative if you want first-rate edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate pretty good motion transference due to its pocket coil design.
You and your partner could perhaps detect a smidge of motion transference, but in all likelihood won't rouse you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts between sides of the bed. Get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns at night.
A deeper sleep = happier life.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• warranty policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the hampton and rhodes aruba 14 inch gel memory foam pillow top mattress queen size is unknown.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Hampton & Rhodes at the following locations:
• discontinued product.
Keep in mind the following info about Hampton & Rhodess shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since they have no dedicated site).
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Hampton And Rhodes Aruba 14" Gel Memory Foam Pillow Top Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.