Ecomfort is a solid wood furniture & mattress factory located in Springfield, MA. They make mattresses in different sizes and use a variety of natural materials. One of their most popular mattress lines is the Ecomfort memory foam mattress line.
They sell handmade eco mattresses with CertiPUR-US Certified foam.
Customers report poor back support and no cooling. Skip if you want better value for materials and overall quality.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The ecomfort memory foam mattress has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The ecomfort memory foam mattress is bearable for side sleeping.
Make sure to pick their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Anticipate acceptable support for delicate pain points (specifically your low back, neck, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The ecomfort memory foam mattress is solid for back and stomach sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight reasonably well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The ecomfort memory foam mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: blended latex for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top and euro-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: there is no cover information available which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The ecomfort memory foam mattress height is unknown.
• Adequate edge support because of its spring coil base.
• Saatva Classic is an amazing alternative if you want awesome edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on second-rate motion transference because it has a spring coil base and latex top layer.
You or your partner may well experience a great amount of motion transference, and odds-on it will disturb you (especially if you or your partner are heavy sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is how much movement transfers from one side of the bed to another. Sleep on a mattress that offers effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns.
A better night's sleep leads to a happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ecomfort return policy:
• there is no return policy information available.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the ecomfort memory foam mattress queen size is $949.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Ecomfort at the following locations:
• on their site.
• in their physical stores.
Keep in mind the following info about Ecomforts shipping and delivery process:
• they ship only to: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, New York and Maine.
• no additional shipping information available.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Ecomfort Memory Foam Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.