Dormia makes old fashioned foam mattresses in Jessup, MD. They are no longer in business.
Their mattresses were comfortable and durable.
Don't bother with Dormia anymore. You've got MUCH better options online.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Average edge support
User 1: "At this website was another Dormia king memory foam mattress, w/ 25 yr. warranty, post, delineating the very same defect that we have... The memory foam is UNSAT. Where you sleep is a hole, and in the middle of the mattress is a hill."
User 2: "Tries to charge $50 for shipping an replacement air pump under warranty. Tries to change price so you really don't get the warranty. Very rude and has different prices from different customer service #'s. Gives a price with free shipping with Dormia then gives a $50 shipping charge with advanced comfort warranty. RIP OFF WARRANTY!"
The dormia mattress is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The dormia mattress is inadequate for side sleeping.
Make sure to choose their plushest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Expect acceptable support for delicate pain points (specifically your low back, neck, shoulders, hips). Top foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body sufficient.
NOTE: If you sleep on your side, make sure you support your shoulders, hips, and torso equally. Otherwise, you'll suffer long-term nerve and pain problems.
The dormia mattress is fantastic for back and stomach sleeping.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on reasonable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lower back). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight extremely well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The dormia mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: knitted cover which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The dormia mattress height is 7-14".
• Mediocre edge support because of its memory foam style.
• Loom and Leaf is an excellent alternative if you want startlingly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on fantastic movement transfer originating from its memory foam style.
You or your partner won't perceive any movement transfer, and explicitly won't wake you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
no return policy information available, as this product is discontinued.
• no exchange policy information available, as this product is discontinued.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 25-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the dormia mattress queen size is 699.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Dormia at the following locations:
Keep in mind the following info about Dormias shipping and delivery process:
not applicable, as this product is discontinued.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Dormia Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.