Dormeo Octaspring mattress is a medium-firm foam mattress that uses Novel Tech in their support system ('poly foam' springs instead of steel ones).
Reasonably comfortable mattress with decent support. Good for all 3 sleep positions.
A lot of warranty issues and support breakdowns in a few short years. We recommend staying away from this mattress.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Average edge support
User 1: "Bought our Dormeo from a TV shopping channel after watching the hour long prog on it. Was impressed with the way it was being sold to us, especially when the presenter said that there would not be any sagging where you lay giving you a ridge down the middle. Also there is a 15 year guarantee . But after just 6 years there is a ridge down the middle , which is getting bigger to the point that you feel like its pushing you to the edge. Cant see this lasting another 9 or so years, don't think my back would survive that long. Memory foam does go soft after its been used for a while, then all the support is gone. Does the guarantee cover this or will I be told its wear and tear?"
The dormeo octaspring mattress has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The dormeo octaspring mattress is decent for side sleepers.
Make certain to choose their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Bank on reasonable support for fragile pressure areas (specifically your neck, hips, low back, shoulders). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body good.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The dormeo octaspring mattress is works well for stomach and back sleepers.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on passable support for spine and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight surprisingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The dormeo octaspring mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top and tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch knit which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The dormeo octaspring mattress height is 10-15".
• Unexceptional edge support because of its memory foam design.
• Loom and Leaf is an outstanding alternative if you want staggeringly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Expect exceptional motion transfer as a result of the memory foam design.
You and your partner won't sense a single bit of motion transfer, and definitely won't disturb you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer signifies how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you or your partners shifts a lot at night, you must buy a mattress that has great motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Dormeo return policy:
• they offer a 100-night sleep period, there is a limit of one refund and exchange per customer and/or order.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the dormeo octaspring mattress queen size is $1864.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Dormeo at the following locations:
• on their site.
• by several retailers, including Amazon.
Keep in mind the following info about Dormeos shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping on all orders shipping within the continental U.S.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Dormeo Octaspring Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.