The Comfort Essentials mattress is a foam tight-top model, that features multiple firmnesses and sizes (10-14 inches). Each Comfort Essentials mattress has a stretch knit cover and comes in a box.
The tight-top design provides a great flat, even sleeping surface. Fine for an entry-level mattress if you're a young adult or single.
Skip if you dislike foam feel (you like bounce and laying on top of the mattress). Avoid if you want a long lasting mattress and/or have a partner.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Average edge support
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The comfort essentials has several firmnesses.
If you're a side sleeper, pick the softer firmness. Otherwise the mattress isn't firm enough (which then creates support and contouring issues).
If you're a back and/or stomach sleeper, choose a (a) medium firm (5-6), (b) firm (7-8), or (c) very firm (8-9) comfort level. It's important to maintain correct spine alignment when you sleep. Otherwise you'll wake up with serious pain and long-term back/cervical issues.
The comfort essentials is passable for side sleeping.
Ensure to select their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Count on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The comfort essentials is decent for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect adequate support for spinal and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight reasonably well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The comfort essentials has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: gel foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: stretch knit which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 60-78 lbs (queen size).
The comfort essentials height is 10-14".
• Moderately Good edge support because of its memory foam base.
• Loom and Leaf is a magnificant alternative if you want shockingly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate impressive motion transfer due to its memory foam base.
You or your partner won't feel any motion transfer, and unequivocally won't awake you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• return policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
• exchange policy depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since you cannot purchase it from their site).
• no warranty information available.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the comfort essentials queen size is $434.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• customer service depends on the retailer. Probably not good customer service if there are thousands of products, and mattresses are just one of them.
• Currently, Comfort Essentials is available to buy by several retailers, including Walmart and Mattress Warehouse.
Keep in mind the following info about Comforts shipping and delivery process:
• shipping depends on which retailer you purchase it from (since you can not purchase it from their site).
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Comfort Essentials Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.