The Cariloha mattress line includes two mattress models: (1) Cariloha Classic - medium-firm feel, and (2) Cariloha Resort - medium-soft feel. Both Cariloha mattresses eco-friendly.
Great for pressure relief and motion reduction. Designed to provide cushioned support (to align your spine) and contouring support (to support your neck, shoulders, back, and hips).
Ideal for side sleeping.
They offer sustainable alternatives to traditional fabrics in the high price range, meaning this is a natural fiber that will wrinkle a lot and this is definitely not the cheapest option out there.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- No info about height (lack of spec details = red flag)
• User 1: "I have had my Cariloha Mattress for just over a year. A few months ago I started to experience back , neck pain and my arms going numb. I tried sleeping on my old mattress and I felt better. My husband tried out my side of the bed and told me there is a definite dip in the mattress. I am an average sized woman so it's not like the mattress is being overtaxed. When I called the company they told me to take a picture of the dip in the mattress. I told them it's not visible but you can feel it. They said "I'm sorry, we need a visible dip to start a warranty claim." This was not a cheap mattress and I am very disappointed in the lack of concern by this company."
The cariloha mattress comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The cariloha mattress is excellent for side sleepers.
Make sure to choose their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate bearable support for fragile pressure points (specifically your shoulders, hips, neck, low back). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fine.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The cariloha mattress is poor for stomach and back sleepers.
Ensure to select their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on acceptable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Relatively firm foams on the top layer keep your back straight poorly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The cariloha mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: bamboo stretch which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The cariloha mattress height is 10-12".
• Middle-of-the-road edge support because of its memory foam construction.
• Loom and Leaf is a remarkably good alternative if you want sublime edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on impressive motion transference because it has a memory foam construction.
You and your partner won't experience a single bit of motion transference, and plainly won't rouse you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the cariloha mattress queen size is $1299.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Cariloha at the following locations:
• on their site.
• in their physical stores.
• by several retailers, including Amazon and Walmart.
Keep in mind the following info about Carilohas shipping and delivery process:
• shipping takes 3 to 6 business days, depending on your location.
• they offer free UPS shipping.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Cariloha Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.