The Aviya mattress is a 12-inch, firm, pillow-top foam mattress that comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Fairly comfortable if you like memory foam and enjoy an 'enveloping' feel with little-no motion transfer. Solid for back and stomach sleepers (due to its firmer than average top layer).
Ambiguous longevity. Much better value-oriented alternatives available.
Saatva Classic is our #1 alternative. They make a luxury, ultra-comfortable, innerspring hybrid built to last. Dedicated 24/7 customer service (best in the industry) + generous policies.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Average edge support
User 1: "It did not maintain firmness. It broke down."
User 2: "The shipping company that Aviya uses to deliver these in the New York area is terrible and it took then three separate tries to pick it up because they "kept forgetting about us". The reviews on the Aviya website are only from happy customers - we were not given an opportunity to review our mattress. I would not recommend this mattress unless you want a super soft, bouncy mattress. If you were sleeping alone, this might be an ok choice, but it didn't work for us."
The aviya mattress is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The aviya mattress is adverse for side sleeping.
Make certain to select their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on sufficient support for touchy pain areas (specifically your hips, low back, shoulders, neck). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body fair.
NOTE: Be sure that your shoulders, hips, and torso all receive equal support if you sleep on your side. This reduces the possibility of chronic pain from concentrated pressure.
The aviya mattress is perfect for stomach and back sleeping.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect decent support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight fantastically well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The aviya mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: pillow-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: cotton which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The aviya mattress height is 12".
• Bearable edge support because of its pocketed coil style.
• Saatva Classic is a marvelous alternative if you want top-notch edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate bearable motion transfer originating from its pocketed coil style.
You and your partner may perhaps feel a little bit of motion transfer, but in all probability won't startle you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer is a measurement of how much shifts from one side of the bed to the other. Consider prioritizing a mattress with effective motion isolation if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Motion isolation results in better sleep.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Aviya return policy:
• they accept returns within 100 days of the delivery date.
• only toppers and cores can be exchanged for firmness and the shipping charges are the only charges involved. The exchange must be completed within 60 days.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the aviya mattress queen size is $1249.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability. (not great).
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number and email address are listed at the bottom of their site.
You can buy Aviya at the following locations:
• on their site.
• by several retailers, including Amazon.
Keep in mind the following info about Aviyas shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping via FedEx.
• orders are shipped within 2 business days.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Aviya Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.