Amsosen is one of several Ikea mattresses. It is a medium-firm gel memory foam mattress under $300.
Gel keeps the sleep environment cool (but not always). A solid, value-oriented mattress.
Customer reviews are scant (red flag), but the few that do exist mention premature sagging, high temperatures (even with gel), and long-term durability issues.
- Ideal if you're a combo sleeper
- No motion transfer
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Loom and Leaf.
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Extremely short (indicates low quality materials)
- Average edge support
User 1: "As other reviewers stated, this mattress is not medium firm, it is extremely firm, like sleeping on the floor. I was hoping it would soften over time, but it didn’t. I wake up with lower back pain every day and have been. Also, the smell was initially very bad and even after two months or so I can still smell the chemical latex smell."
User 2: "We got this matress in exchange for the poor quality Haugesund which was advertised as firm but actually is soft with no support. We had to pay about 300 dollars more to purchase this matress which felt good in store. The moment we opened it it smelled of chemicals. We aired it out for 3 days and then slept on it. The chemical smell was so strong that we woke up with headaches and stuffy noses."
User 3: "I first purchased the HAUGSVÄR medium/firm mattress. It was way too hard, so I exchanged it for the ÅMSOSEN, a gel memory foam mattress, expecting it to be better. Big mistake! The ÅMSOSEN is even harder! The memory foam does not cool, fails to relieve pressure or contour to my body or relax me, as it advertises. I'm 140 lbs, healthy, with no chronic pain of any type. Since my exchange, this mattress has been nothing but hard. Plus, it still has some type of off-gassing smell, which I smell each time I change the linen."
The amsosen mattress is decent for side sleepers.
Make certain to select their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Bank on reasonable support for fragile pressure areas (specifically your neck, hips, low back, shoulders). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body good.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The amsosen mattress is average for stomach and back sleepers.
Make sure to pick their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on fair support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Firmer top foam layer keep your back straight mediocrely.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The amsosen mattress has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: glass fiber which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: no information available.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The amsosen mattress height is 9".
• Ample edge support because of its foam design.
• Loom and Leaf is a spectacularly good alternative if you want formidable edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Bank on top-notch motion transfer as a result of the foam design.
You and your partner won't sense a single bit of motion transfer, and categorically won't startle you (whether you or your partner are heavy sleepers or not).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Ikea return policy:
• Ikea has no return policy. They force you to sleep on it for 90-days. If you don't like it, you're only allowed to exchange (with additional fees).
• IKEA accepts exchanges within 90 days from delivery, only if the mattress is not dirty, marked, or damaged.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 10-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the amsosen mattress queen size is 549.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have limited customer service availability. (this isn't indicative of a company that's customer service focused).
• have livechat and seem generally responsive.
• their phone number is located on their contact page.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Ikea at the following locations:
• on their site
Keep in mind the following info about Ikeas shipping and delivery process:
they offer following shipping options:
- parcel delivery, starting at $9.99 - Good for smaller orders of decorations and accessories like picture frames, hangers, and textiles.
- doorstep delivery, starting at $39 - Good for smaller furniture orders that can easily be carried inside.
- in-home delivery, starting at $59 - Good for larger pieces of furniture that can't be left curbside, such as beds, wardrobes and appliances.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Amsosen Mattress worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.