Amerisleep's softest luxury foam hybrid mattress (pocketed coils for support). Sturdy and built well.
Surprisingly good for all 3 sleep styles. Solid 20-year warranty and breathable foams make for a cool sleep. Great pressure relief also.
Buyers report longevity concerns. Otherwise no obvious negatives. However, value is questionable given (a) price and (b) material quality ambiguity. Better alternatives exist.
- Ideal for side sleeping
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- Far better (a) comfortable and (b) quality alternatives like Saatva Classic.
- Too expensive vs. superior alternatives.
- No info about weight (lack of spec details = red flag)
- Some motion transfer
User 1: "DO NOT BUY AMERISLEEP!!! There mattresses only last about 3 to 4 years. Even though they claim a twenty year warranty they don't honor it. I've been dealing with them and they will appear to care but will deny your claim even if it meets the requirements. Everything is done through email. "
The amerisleep as5 comes in a plush soft firmness (give-or-take a 3-4 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A soft model like this is built for side sleepers that have sensitive pressure points (neck, shoulder, arms, low back, hips, etc).
Stay away if you sleep on your back and stomach at all. You won't have enough firm support for your spine and cervical alignment, which is critical for a back or stomach position.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and relatively even sleep surface even with substantial enveloping.
The amerisleep as5 is brilliant for side sleeping.
Ensure to pick their softest offering. If you're not sure which model it is, reach out to them.
Bank on ample support for touchy pressure spots (specifically your low back, hips, neck, shoulders). The top layer of foams relieves tension and pressure throughout the body decent.
NOTE: When you sleep on your side, make sure your shoulders, hips, and torso are all equally supported. Constant pressure causes long-term nerve and pain problems.
The amerisleep as5 is not ideal for stomach and back sleeping.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) option. If you're not sure which model it is, call or chat with them.
Expect tolerable support for spine and cervical positioning (specifically your lumbar). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight badly.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The amerisleep as5 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: pocketed coils for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: Celliant® which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: unknown weight (queen size).
The amerisleep as5 height is 14".
• Sufficient edge support because of its coil build.
• Saatva Classic is a fantastic alternative if you want outstanding edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Anticipate sufficient movement transfer as a consequence of the coil build.
You and your partner could possibly notice a little movement transfer, but likely won't unsettle you (unless you or your partner aren't light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
There are several noteworthy considerations with the Amerisleep return policy:
• they offer a 100-night trial period.
• you will get a full refund.
• there is no exchange policy information available.
Find a brand with an exchange policy that doesn't force you to pay high fees for making an honest mistake.
• has a 20-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the amerisleep as5 queen size is 1849.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• their phone number is listed at the bottom of their site.
• no email address available on their site.
You can buy Amerisleep at the following locations:
• on their site
• by several retailers including Amazon
Keep in mind the following info about Amerisleeps shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping via FedEx to the contiguous US. Shipping takes 3-7 business days.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Amerisleep As5 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.