The Amerisleep AS1 is a firm, 10-inch foam mattress in a tight-top style that comes in a box.
Fairly comfortable if you like memory foam and enjoy an 'enveloping' feel with little-no motion transfer. The 20-year warranty speaks about the mattress's durability (decent build quality).
Stay away if you like sleeping on your side (a tad too firm to properly accommodate your sensitive pressure points). Much better alternatives available.
Loom and Leaf is the #1 alternative you can buy. Their 5 lb. memory foam density is extremely high quality and built to last. Euro-pillow top and soft organic cotton cover contours to your sensitive pressure points and provides tremendous overall support. Their customer service is excellent (probably the best of all brands) and their policies are generous.
- Ideal if you're primarily a back and stomach sleeper
- Normal weight indicates good quality materials
- Decent height (indicates a sturdy mattress)
- No motion transfer
- Too cheap and likely won't last long. Unknown longevity
- Average edge support
There are no online reviews, which is typically a red flag.
The amerisleep as1 is a firm (roughly a 7-8 on a 1-10 firmness scale).
A firmer model like this is built for back and stomach sleepers that likely have back or spine issues and need correct spinal and cervical alignment (which is critical for long-term health).
Stay away if you sleep on your side. You won't get the contoured support your pressure points need if you're laying on a flat and even surface with very little 'give'.
The top style does a good job maintaining a flat and even sleep surface to maintain a firmer feel.
The amerisleep as1 is unfavorable for side sleepers.
Ensure to pick their most soft option. If you're not sure which model it is, contact them.
Anticipate tolerable support for fragile pain spots (specifically your low back, shoulders, hips, neck). The top foam layer relieves tension and pressure throughout the body ample.
NOTE: Make sure you have equally supported shoulders, hips, and torso if you sleep on your side. Otherwise, concentrated pressure can harm your nerves.
The amerisleep as1 is amazing for stomach and back sleepers.
Make certain to choose their luxury firm (6.5/10), firm (7/10) or very firm (8/10) offering. If you're not sure which model it is, chat or call with them.
Count on passable support for spinal and cervical alignment (specifically your lumbar area). Somewhat firm foams on top keep your back straight shockingly well.
NOTE: Focus on finding a mattress that won't sink too far into your hips when sleeping on your back & stomach. It'll throw your spine out of alignment.
The amerisleep as1 has several layers worth exploring:
• Bottom Layer: foam for sturdy support.
• Transition Layer: foam for padded pressure relief.
• Top Layer: foam for additional comfort & overall support along the top layer.
• Top Design: tight-top which does a fine job creating a larger sleep surface (good for couples).
• Cover: celliant which is fairly standard.
• Bed in a Box: bed-in-a-box.
• Weight: 75 lbs (queen size).
The amerisleep as1 height is 10".
• Mediocre edge support because of its memory foam style.
• Loom and Leaf is an excellent alternative if you want startlingly good edge support.
Note: If a mattress uses low-quality materials, it might feel supportive at first, but break down FAST.
Inadequate edge support means less sleep surface (which is not desirable, especially if you sleep with a partner).
Count on fantastic movement transfer originating from its memory foam style.
You or your partner won't perceive any movement transfer, and explicitly won't wake you (even if you and your partner are light sleepers).
NOTE: Motion transfer measures how much movement shifts from one side bed side to another. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns during the night, get a mattress that offers effective motion isolation.
Less motion transfer = deeper sleep = happier life.
Here's what you need to know about the return policy:
• they offer a 100-night trial period, if you are not satisfied with the mattress during the first 30 nights, they give you a full refund.
• no exchange policy information available.
• has a 20-year limited warranty.
Look for warranties that have at least a 15-year period with no unreasonable limitations or transporation fees.
The price of the amerisleep as1 queen size is $749.
Check their site for the latest prices and discounts.
• have solid customer service availability.
• have livechat, and seem responsive.
• no phone number available on their site.
• their email address is listed at the bottom of their site.
• Currently, Amerisleep As1 is available to buy on their site and by several retailers, including Amazon.
Keep in mind the following info about Amerisleeps shipping and delivery process:
• they offer free shipping via FedEx to the contiguous US. Shipping takes 5-7 business days.
There are 3 fantastic alternatives to the Amerisleep As1 worth considering:
1. Saatva Classic (luxury pocketed coil hybrid): Durable innerspring hybrid that's extremely comfortable and built to last. Compares to top hotel mattresses in the world when it comes to comfort and overall feel. Ideal if you like little bounce but want support and fantastic value.
2. Loom and Leaf (high-density memory foam): Incredible mattress because it has zero motion transfer and excellent pressure relief while still half the price of Tempurpedic.
3. Zenhaven (100% organic and natural talalay latex): Best mattress money can buy. You should check out this mattress if you need a bed that has some bounce, but still fully envelops and supports your pressure points.